Peoples Republic of Warzone Asia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

+8
Frederick William II
Crisisies
Velkon
Chancellor Campbell II
Apulita
Minister Ismailiyah
Arekrya
Llamas
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it - Page 5 Empty Re: General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

Post by Llamas Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:58 pm

So, Sari, how are our new forums coming along? Very Happy
Llamas
Llamas

Back to top Go down

General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it - Page 5 Empty Re: General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

Post by Crisisies Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Uh oh, Africa got taken.

Crisisies

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Crisisies wrote:Uh oh, Africa got taken.
Not that bad, I'll organize a lib within a few days.
Llamas
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Feel free to join wzeu forums for our UWR discussion.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisisies Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:35 pm

I don't if you have seen this but Airspace has been threatened (I feel that way) by a AoI member. Personally I would like to find out if any of you would help us out in the need of such an event.

Crisisies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Of course. The UWR has to and wzeu will.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Khronion Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 am

I think the last few days have been quite an interesting experience for anyone with an eye for Warzone R/D play. I think that for now, we need to discuss a few things...

Firstly, I'm curious: who was Anonymouslands? Was he acting as a UWR commander, or was he an independent agent who just made a lot of noise about the UWR? His actions have caused a lot of handwringing, including the AOI threats that Crisisies mentioned earlier. His military prowess was questionable, and his diplomatic conduct was absolutely unhelpful if not harmful to our security and sovereignty, considering how it resulted in a threat of invasion lest we allow him into our regions.

Secondly, WZEU is not yet part of the UWR, but our fate is deeply tied to the UWR -- if the UWR fails, we likely fall as well. This is a history that goes back to the close ties between WZAS and WZEU before the UWR. I am regretful that our desire for regional sovereignty has stunted the implementation of the UWR, and possibly impacted our relationships with the other Warzones.

We are not opposed to the UWR. If anything, this past week has highlighted to me how much we need the UWR, so that non of us can be bullied by groups such as the AOI. While we try to figure out our differences with regards to the UWR, we need to still work closely together. As a WZEU minister, I proposed a bill to the Dominion Government that would allow for the establishment of a unified military structure with the UWR, but we have no UWR input yet.

Without UWR contributions (even if that means rewriting the entire bill/treaty in tandem with the UWR), such a collaboration would cease before it started. If anyone would hop on by the WZEU forums and comment, I would greatly appreciate it: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Astarialn_Empire/topic/10535163/1/

My hope is that even if we cannot yet find a solution to our disputes about governance, we can still protect our existing security and sovereignty through a partial military union. And I am optimistic that such a partial union may lay the groundwork for deeper ties.

(TL;DR -- WTF happened in WZSA, WZEU wants to work closely with the UWR while we work out our differences.)
Khronion
Khronion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancellor Campbell II Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 pm

On your first question, it's complicated. Anon was a resident of WZAS for about 48 hours before moving to WZSA, first as an advisor to the VF colonial government, second as an independent actor in liberating occupied warzones. At one point he asked me for permission to negotiate at an Interregional conference, to which I responded that given the UWR does not yet have working forums or a definite government, I did not have the authority to appoint him an ambassador.
Then he and the AOI got into some dispute, they invaded and ejected him, culminating in our latest crisis a few days ago. And the rest is history.

I understand the issues involved with WZEU's history and government. Rest assured, it has not damaged relations between our native governments in the slightest. No matter what we call each other and ourselves, we all share the same goal, and that unites us more than any superficial treaty or constitution. Besides, you've got no rush, given that we still need to iron out who's representing whom, and appoint a PM, and all that jazz. I agree that ensuring the continuity and prosperity of the UWR is of the utmost importance for all native Warzone governments, and I applaud your efforts to forge an intermediate arrangement with WZEU to bring this about.

I could've sworn I had an account over on the WZEU forum; apparently not. Registering…
Chancellor Campbell II
Chancellor Campbell II
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khronion Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:39 am

Thank you Chairman for your thoughts. From what I gather now looking at the gameplay thread, he may also have past history with Riftend and Nephmir, so there might be some other personal vendettas at play that we were unfortunately drawn into.

At the same time, there's something to be said about how Warzone gameplay is much more interesting when there's a lot of military action.

I appreciate any thoughts you can contribute to the bill/treaty!
Khronion
Khronion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5